Skip intro? See The Best High Chair for Baby Of 2019
- Your baby is starting solid foods? Tring-Tring, it’s baby High Chair time!
- Why is it necessary to teach your children to feed themselves?
- Benefits of teaching your children how to self-feed?
- When do we need to teach them?
- How many years do you plan on using it?
- Top 10 Best Baby High Chair Picks for your Foodie-To-Be
- #1 Graco Blossom 6-in-1 Convertible Highchair
- #2 Ingenuity Trio 3-in-1 High Chair
- #3 Evenflo Convertible High Chair
- #4 Joovy Foodoo High Chair
- #5 Boon Flair High Chair
- #6 Joovy Nook High Chair
- #7 Graco DuoDiner High Chair
- #8 Peg Perego Siesta High Chair
- #9 BABYBJORN High Chair
- #10 Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair
- How to Teach Your Baby to Feed Themselves
- Starting Solid Foods
- How To Prepare Finger Sized Food for Your Baby Baby Led Weaning
- How To Make Baby Food Mixed Vegetables?
- What to Do When Your’s Baby Not Eating Well?
Your baby is starting solid foods? Tring-Tring, it’s baby High Chair time!
From baby’s first taste of honey or a smoothie to conversations about his first bike, most of the best family memories (also photos) happen around the kitchen table and living room. Your child is finally about to eat the first avocado of his life means he needs to join you all at the dining table.
The high chair provides you with a separate space for your child to be himself. This certainly lets you enjoy looking at your happy child without having to worry about the veggies he’s plastering everywhere. Besides, a high chair is a spot that is safe for your little munchkin and easy for you to clean; yes, a bonus deal.
Firstly, we are going to talk about a few important things to remember before buying the Best High Chair For Baby.
The varieties of the best high chair for baby available in the market are merely for your convenience. Not every high chair is made for everyone. For starters, you have to look into certain things before picking a perfect one. If you live in a smaller space a major solid high chair is going to hurt your living a lot. However, if your home has a specific corner for all the activities, then you may consider buying a standalone seat.
Why is it necessary to teach your children to feed themselves?
Well, have you ever wondered why is it necessary for you to teach your child how to have their food on their own? No matter how much you’re obsessed with your cute little kid at some point you want to see them growing up and finally doing these tiny things on their own. You simply can’t feed them for the rest of their lives. Why? Well, because number 1, why would you want that? And number 2, why would your kids want that? Teaching your children to feed themselves make them learn a lot of new things. Like grabbing food and successfully taking it into their mouths, learning to chew, knowing what food they like and what they dislike, it makes their coordination skills better, your kid is no more dependent, and independence helps your baby grow mentally.
Benefits of teaching your children how to self-feed?
There are going to be a lot of cons when your baby will start eating meals on its own. There will be a mess everywhere, on the floor, on the stroller, on their face, and most probably at some point, on your face too! But with cons, there are also some advantages of giving your child the freedom to eat.
Some of them are as follows:
- They will learn to practice. And we all know practicing is the key to learn all the things even later in our life. When they practice again and again to successfully eat their food they are basically embracing the quality of not giving up, which will help later in their lives as well.
- Your baby will learn new techniques to grab their food with different utensils.
- Theywill be independent.
- Your newborn will be able to enjoy meals with the family.
- Your baby’s coordination skills will be enhanced.
- They will know when to eat and how much to eat. This will improve their gut health, promoting a healthy lifestyle and eliminating the chance of getting their stomach upset. When parents feed their babies, they tend to overfeed them but when babies are eating on their own they know when they are full, therefore stopping at the right time.
When do we need to teach them?
There is no fixed time for you to start teaching your baby how to feed themselves. Usually, between the ages of 9 to 12 months, they start showing signs that they are ready to self-feed. Whenever you notice that your baby is wandering here and there, grabbing things and chewing on them, then know that it’s the right time to make them learn that they should be chewing on food instead of every random thing they find lying anywhere in the house. When your baby is showing these signs, get yourself prepared for the mess. There will be a lot of it but it’s all going to be worth it. They are finally growing up and becoming independent to enjoy their meals!
Hence, a few other things to consider before picking a high chair includes:
Whenever you are buying any baby gear remember one thing, your child’s safety tops the list. First of all, a high chair has to be a safe space. You will have to make sure the seat features a restraint system like a 3-5 point harness, good stability (in case of wheels, make sure that they can be locked), and a crotch post. Also, check if there’s anything that might catch on and harm little baby fingers.
A best baby high chair is the one that comes with useable functionalities, foldable-ity is one of those. If space is an issue for you, then you may consider a full-size chair that can be folded down.
How many years do you plan on using it?
There are quite a number of chairs that concurrently grow with your child. If you plan on to using the high chair for fairly a few years then you may have to look into those that are convertible.
Again, this totally depends on you. However, if you want to ditch the chair after baby one then sure. In case, you want to keep it and plan on passing your high chair down from kid to kid? Why not. (Remember, you do you)
Top 10 Best Baby High Chair Picks for your Foodie-To-Be
Albeit, a baby aisle full of pretty and colorful high chairs sure looks attractive but hey, it’s 2019, nothing is all about looks anymore. A high chair has to be practical, long-lasting, efficient, and lastly smart. To help you in your high chair quest, we have specifically rounded up some of the latest options in the high chair world. From classic convenience to straightaway heavy-deals, we have got it all for you.
If there’s anything that is going to grow efficient and smart with your child, undoubtedly its Graco Blossom 6-in-1 convertible highchair. Blossom has such a set up that eventually will sort almost the 40% part of your parenting i.e switching highchairs as your baby grows.
- Age-friendly: this high chair is best suitable for children up to 40 lb. But the Toddler Booster and Youth Chair is recommended for children up to 60 lb
- Infant body support: keep your infant in a comfortable position for feeding while the convertible 3 & 5-point harness keeps baby secured
- Front Locking Wheels: locks and casters additionally help keep the chair in place during meals and unlock when needed for greater portability
- Removable Seat Insert: interchangeable seat insert makes this High Chair an even efficient one for your growing child
- Cushioned and comfy seats
- Lots of configurations
- Easy to clean
- Removable/adjustable items
- A lot of extravagant unnecessary features which makes this chair quite pricy
- Table issues – it is huge and oddly shaped
- Safety issues – unreliable breaks
- Too bulky
- Hard to assemble
Reasons to Love Blossom Anyway!
One high chair; so many options to make most of. Undoubtedly, Blossom is the ‘parenting partner’ kind of a high chair. It is designed using lots of thoughtful features and multiple adjustment options.
Blossoms can entertain two kids at a time. The included booster seat is perfect to have the big sib sit while you feed the little one in the high chair.
More insights into the Blossom
- Washable fabric
- Color is as shown in the photo
- Leg divider is inside the tray
- Fabric portion is removable
Our Rating: 9.5/10
Make your baby’s high chair a part of your home furniture by choosing the most modern and sleek high chair ever. With that, this one is clearly a treat for exclusively mommies who don’t like spending hours in assembling or dissembling anything.
- Cleanable and washable design for convenience
- Convertible from high chair to booster to toddler seat
- Extremely safe, keep little ones secure with 3-point and 5-point harnesses
- Seats made of soft material keeps babies and toddlers comfortable
- Accommodates toddlers up to 50 pounds
- Seats two kids at one, a perfect buy for your little one and their big sib
- Very quick to assemble and disassemble
- Try is dishwasher safe
- Design is very cute and sleek, thereupon compliments in every home setting
- Great value for money
- A little tough to clean, you have to disassemble the chair for a wash
- Design flaws where foods and fluids fall inside the chair and it becomes harder to clean
- Bad wheels
Reasons to love Trio
Ingenuity is especially known for its ingenious products. Trio – a three in one baby chair transforms from full-size high chair to booster seat to toddler chair altogether. Charming, no?
Another perk is that Trio is wipeable clean. This unquestionably sounds like a little less effort with your learning kids creating big messes.
Our Rating: 9.5/10
Gift your child years of feeding and fun with this bold, vibrant high chair. Evenflo is significantly known for its three unique seating positions which will make your parenting life a lot easier.
Evenflo three specified stages
1 – High Chair
Securely stacked to create a full-size high chair.
2 – My Time Chair
Can rather be placed on the floor directly allowing the child to touch their feet on the ground.
3 – Right size table and chair
This position overall offers a more independent and playful environment for the baby.
- Good quality product
- Great value for money
- Light weighted but the stability remains uncompromised though
- Enables the baby to sit straight upright while eating which is good for baby’s digestion
- Straps and cushions are washable
- Metal legs to ensure grip
- Durable and easily cleanable
- Straps are hard to remove
- Tray a little too far from the body allowing food to drop easily
- Extra storage may not be enough extra
- Not adjustable in any way
Reasons to love Evenflo
Evenflo offers years of feeding and fun for your child. It is the kind of chair that will surely keep your kid engaged in most of his growing years.
Lastly, the price tag is a cherry on top. For a chair with such transitions, this price tag is everything one could ask for. And if you are a sucker for value, this may be the best high chair for baby.
Our Rating: 9.5/10
Buckle up for your little one’s foodie journey with Joovy Foodoo high chair. From newborn to big kids, Foodoo can entertain and keep everyone safe, that too very obviously.
- The Easy-to-clean leatherette seat pad is soft and wipe-able
- 8 height adjustable positions, 5 recline positions, 2 footrest positions
- One-hand, 2-position adjustable tray with dishwasher-safe insert
- Holds a child up to 50 lbs, easy one-hand standing fold
- Easily moveable with high-quality rubber wheels
- Safe for newborns
- 5 different reclining positions
- Storage pouch on the back
- Adjustable footrest
- Pretty to look at
- Fits any table height with 8 different levels
- One-handed tray removal
- Dishwasher safe tray insert
- Easy to clean leatherette seat
- No-scratch wheels and rubber stoppers for stability
- Standing fold for compact storage
- Quite a hassle to clean
- The tray can be popped out with a kick easily. Therefore, a huge safety hazard
- The height can get all wonky and has to be fixed
- not too convenient to carry around
- bulky design
Reasons to love Foodoo
From your child’s first feed to finally-finishing-those-scrambled eggs, this chair will last. Unlike all other basic high chairs, Foodoo is pretty much of a keeper. Above all, this baby high chair is actually a higher one when compared to any other high chair which works very well for the parents who don’t like to bend down.
Our Rating: 9.0/10
Known for its problem solving and simple yet effective design, Boon Flair high chair is unquestionably a wholesome choice for your little one.
- Fits easily under tables with its convenient pedestal base
- Slithers smoothly in all the directions
- Five-point harness and safety post
- Six urethane casters to protect floors. One tray liner is also included
- Care-cleaning restraint system buckles and straps using a soft cloth with warm water and mild soap
- No cracks or services to collect food
- Easy to move around and takes up minimal space
- Cute fancy lift mechanism
- Previous model was better in terms of design and functionality
- The seat does not recline
- Locking mechanism is not the best one. Thus, huge safety hazards
- The tray is rather small surface and area wise
Reasons to love Boon Flair
If there’s anything that makes this baby high chair standout among the others it’s be its super easy cleaning system.
Another feature is its foot-activated lift for effortless height adjustment. One can easily press the button to get the chair elevated without having to worry about the hassle.
Our Rating: 9.0/10
Tired of problematic high chair trays? Nook’s got your back. This high chair uses a swing-open tray to simplify mealtime for your baby. Besides, Nook’s ability to fold like a beach chair offers more opportunities both for the kids and parents/caretakers.
- Removable swing open tray with 4 positions to adjust
- Easy clean-up, dishwasher-safe tray insert, and wipe-able seats
- Compact, handy, standing fold with carrying handle
- Smooth floor pads. BPA/BPS/phthalate/lead-free.
- Adjustable 5-point harness can hold up to 50 lbs weight
- No assembly needed, despite that, it’s ready to use
- Very light weighted when compared with other high chairs
- Portable and easy to store
- Pivoting and adjustable food tray
- Easy to use 5 point harness
- Nearly impossible to clean
- No adjustable seat height
- Cannot be rolled over with a child inside, no wheels
- No seat recline
Reasons to love Nook
Nook is the kind of high chair that is very easy to travel with. With that, it is very freestanding and affordable. Also, the swivel tray is a triple plus which makes it SO easy to get baby in and out.
Talk about the best portable high chair, Nook is undeniably everything you may be looking for. For people who like easy purchases, Nook is hands down the best.
Our Rating: 9.0/10
Finally, the time to introduce your little diners to family tables with the very amazing 3 in 1 Graco DuoDiner. This high chair comes with 5 position high chair adjustments that evidently help you position baby at the dining table.
- Stage 1: Infant high chair reclines to provide a comfortable space for your little one; convertible 3 & 5-point harness keeps baby secured
- Stage 2: 5 height positions and adjustable footrest positions your little diner for mealtime without any hassle
- Stage 3: Easily converts to a compact booster when your child is ready
- One hand removable tray with dishwasher-safe, pull-out insert; machine-washable seat pad.
- Folds easily so it can be conveniently stored
- The tray is very big which is good, avoids food to be all over the floor.
- The tray has a detached cover for easy cleaning.
- Two wheels in the front help easily move the chair around.
- Multiple heights options
- Adjustable back is great for even smaller babies for feeding bottles while mom or dad can have hands-on work
- Sturdy and well built
- Quite hard to assemble. Certainly, the illustrations do not match the actual product
- The said seat cushion cannot be cleaned with a wipe or paper towel and has to be washed
- Straps are hard to clean. Have to be removed and thereafter soaked in warm water
- Requires a lot of strength to remove the tray. Hence, not very easy to use for someone with strength problems.
Reasons to love DuoDiner
DuoDiner comes from a well-known brand Graco which has provided thoughtful and dependable parenting solutions to generations of families. All in all, the trust is beyond solid.
This baby high chair is designed in a very intuitive way and is also very easy to operate; simply put, a very convenient product for its trusted customers. Its hands down one of the best high chair for babies.
Our Rating: 9.0/10
This multi-functioned high chair provides ultimate eating, playing, and relaxing spots for your child. Unlike other high chairs, Peg Perego accommodates a child’s growth in the sleekest way.
- Imported material
- Fully reclined tilt-in-space seat
- Polyester 70% cotton 30%
- Nine different height position
- Caster wheels with auto lock for safety
- 5 point safety harness and passive restraint bar
- Durable iron frame
- It comes with particularly 9 adjustable height positions and 3 footrest positions making it purposeful for a growing child
- The seat of Siesta is equipped with 5 recline positions that ensure maximum comfort for your child
- A very sleek intuitive design makes it easy to use in any configuration
- The most compact traditional high chair is the second name of Siesta
- Double tray option is there to keep up with the mess
- Difficult to clean
- Quite too pricy
- Safety hazards involved because of a removable double tray
- Not very maneuverable
Reasons to love Siesta
The functionality options that come with Siesta are to die for. The baby high chair that grows with your child eventually offering him all the comfort in the world is literally everything.
Siesta is easily the most stylish high chair you will ever come across. The design particularly is very compact for urban living spaces.
Our Rating: 8.5/10
Babyjorn’s commitment to quality, innovation, and safety are beyond any and everything undeniably. Likewise, this chair is yet another testimony to their hard work and care.
- Ergonomic design facilitates comfort feeding and eating, also the backrest helps your child sit upright and comfortable in the high chair
- JPMA Certified Product – the high chair features a foldable and lockable safety table and harness to keep your child firm and rather secure in one place
- Snug fit, less mess to clean – very cleanable
- Folds flat for easy storage or traveling; Comfortably be used from 6 months to 3 years, or when your child reaches 38 inches
- High chair weight 11 pounds, standing height 33 inches, transport dimensions 35 x 17.5 x 10 inches
- A comfortable, ergonomic and safe high chair
- Adjustable and separable tray
- Compact and convenient
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for children from 6 months to 3 years or when they reach 38 inches
- Allows little ones to sit straight upright
- Easily transportable
- Childproof lock for safety
- BPA free
- No assembly required
- Nonadjustable chair size
- Not for children older than 12 months rather younger ones will fit fine
- Too small
Reasons to love BABYBJORN
You can never go wrong with BABYBJORN products when it comes to easy and trusted parenting. Since they are the pioneers of efficient and smart parenting gadgets, their baby gears are highly consumed worldwide.
Safety, comfort, and convenience are the first priority of BABYBJORN. Keeping all that in mind this high chair is another epitome of efficiency.
Our Rating: 9.5/10
Designed by an engineer parent himself, Abiie is chiefly the perfect dining chair your child needs from the time they are six months old through their adult years.
- EZ-Seat system which enables quick adjustment of the seat without any tools required
- Durable and also blends in very well with the home furniture
- Sturdy, Abiie makes sure of all the possible safety measures
- Minimal, sleek and compatible design
- 15 min assemble time
- Seat height adjusts perfectly anywhere between 10.5’’ to 24.6’’ – good for both kids for the adults also
- Very easy to clean
- Assembling is not a problem at all
- Eco-friendly, the chair is biodegradable and recyclable
- Very compact, attractive and well-constructed
- Helps the child to sit up straight
- Perfect for both children and grown-up kids
- This high chair is quite heavy to move
- The tray is so small, things may get messy due to its size
- Its chair is lower than most of the high chairs
- Not at all made for travel
Reasons to love Abiie
One of the best things about Abiie is the patented EZ-Seat system. This enables the quick adjustment of the chair and footrest according to the size of the human using it, utterly fascinating indeed.
Moreover, nothing beats Abiie when it comes to environmental friendliness. This wooden baby chair is manufactured with beech wood that especially comes from a cultivated forest in Europe. What else do you want for your child to begin with their environmentally responsible lifestyle with?
Our Rating: 8.5/10
How to Teach Your Baby to Feed Themselves
Starting Solid Foods
How To Prepare Finger Sized Food for Your Baby Baby Led Weaning
How To Make Baby Food Mixed Vegetables?
What to Do When Your’s Baby Not Eating Well?
Kids grow up fast. One moment you are looking at their cute potato faces the next minute you are buying a high chair for them cuz’ its solids time.
Among all the above-listed choices, BABYBJORN was my personal favorites. Why? Because nothing matters more than the safety and quality for me. Since I believe for one fact that a lot of functionality loses the purpose and simplicity of the product. BABYBJORN is a simple design with certified technology, it’s BPA free and ensures the best safety. As I have said already, nothing else tops for me other than safety.
However, there are other sleek options too which are reasonable and purposeful enough to consider. Furthermore, every other product has an exclusive perk of its own and you can’t judge otherwise.
It’s recommended for you to make a list of what features you need and choose the best baby high chair. At last, you can check your list with multiple customer reviews for some practical assistance.
Last updated: 08/2019